Friday, December 9, 2011

Autumn Bliss

The Rolling Hills Off Lund Hwy
How does it get any better than this? Our dream of living off the land continues to come true as we go out to cut our own wood in the wild for our stove.







Team work.


We made an efficient family team as we cut, sorted and stacked the wood in the truck.






Me Tossing The Wood Into The Truck









My Grandson is a great help. A  job well done.










This is the land where the antelope play and wild horses run.

The graded road to Lund is long and the perspective is amazing. Out here is where the cowboys still ride their horses into the sunset after a long days on the range. For miles as far as the eyes can see is the land as it was in the 1800's pure wild and free.

"I looked around me and felt the ranges, the land, and the sky embrace us and I knew then I was truly close to the earth and living the life I/we have dreamed off."

***********************************************************************************

freshly picked Oak Leaves



 I gathered the last of the Oak leaves while on a hike in the gullies and canyons of The Three Peaks. It seems like yesterday that the Oaks leaves were bursting out of the bare winter branches. I have lot's of ideas for these beauties. I will use 2 methods of preserving. One will be to soak in a solution of glycerin and water and the other I will iron between waxed paper. I have an online store that displays these creative projects on T-shirts, mugs, and greeting cards. I hope you all visit often to see what I have made. I have oodles of ideas, landscapes, flora and fauna and art to fill my store as time goes by.



End of Autumn Chores

I looked outside my kitchen door and heard the roar of our tractor plowing and tilling the land. After such a grand harvest of corn we move into the rhythm of the earth and prepare for the winter and an easy spring planting.


Our Fur and Feather Family Play


What a blessing that we all get along and respect each other's process and space. Our dogs and chickens commune beautifully together. They sing and play and run together in the yards. I will take my hens for a walk in the front gardens today before the snow comes later tonight. I will make a trail of bread to the gates and toss the rest into the grass. They will love scratchin' and digging in the dirt and clay.

Autumn Bliss: A walk in the high country promises exquisite color
and crisp cool weather. The meadows and trees are a delight as we walk on the trails.

Soon we will be riding our ATV's with our new club called the Trail Blazers and receiving visitors for the the holiday season. Life is so good. How does it get any better than this? Autumn Bliss !

1 comment:

  1. It looks so warm! We are in our rainy and cold season so your pictures look wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete