Saturday, March 15, 2014

How To Make Your Dreams Come True 101

Dream it-Be It Have It

Pretending Your Dream

Paul and I had a dream of living in the country with the four seasons and the pleasure of having our animals on a little farm where we could love, feed, and care for them. 

We wanted to gather eggs and grow alfalfa hay and enjoy beautiful mountains and wide open spaces. 

Everyday we pretended we had a farm. Yes, that is right. We pretended and created farm projects and chores in our backyard even though we were smack dab in the center of the city. 


The Vision Board 

We played a game by making a dream board or a vision board. 

We bought some white poster board and stick glue and grabbed our scissors 

  1. We cut out pictures from our favorite farm and ranch and nature magazines that generated enthusiasm and the feelings of living in the country. 
  2. We pasted the pictures on the poster board and hung it where we could see it in the kitchen. Some people just roll it up and forget about it and find years later their dreams had come true without their realizing it. You can display your vision board if it makes you feel enthusiastic otherwise put it away and let go of it.  Let it cook as if it were in the oven. 


This barnyard  picture of the chickens, sunflowers, red barn and garden was placed on the dream board
and used as a screen saver because it uplifted me and increased my enthusiasm.


This farm picture was placed on the Vision Board in the kitchen.
We loved the red barn, lanscape and silo.

This is our view today from our bedroom window on Little Utah Farm. The back yard,
the llama corral, my sunflowers and the red barn is our neighbor's home however it is something just like my pictures in my vision board. We have a barn and it is tan. I can paint it red any day but I like it this way.

Be The Dream

When I first began to raise my chickens in the city, it was a learning process to clean their coop and feed them. Although I enjoyed having my own chickens, I felt a little awkward in the beginning. I knew by experience that with repetition anything gets easier and easier. 


Raising chickens is really fun. this is me in my backyard in
a big city in California.



I loved gathering the eggs. The whole ceremony of caring for the chickens was very gratifying. In time it felt natural. Caring for my hens helped me develop my skills and self-sufficiency. Learning how to raise chickens in the city kept my mind occupied with interest and joy.


We even grew a little alfalfa crop in the back yard..




Gandhi said "Be the change you want to see in the world" 



Even the smallest ideas of how to live on a farm and care for it, was carried out. We began growing alfalfa in a little patch of earth just to get the feel and joy of it. It was only a 2 foot x 4 foot patch. 

Every time I went out to feed my chickens or clean their coop, our farm and the thrill of living in the country was in my mind, and joyfully in my heart.

Doubt Snuffs It Out

We must have faith that our dreams have been acknowledged. Dreams do come true. This phenomenon has been and is demonstrated over and over again as long as certain mental and emotional conditions are met. Once you doubt or worry over details like money and logistics then you keep the precious seed, that you planted with your desire, way under the soil and it never sees Light. 


Be Patient and Have Fun

Struggling, trying, hard work that is getting you down is not required. If your dream is something you love then Be in Love with life and do what you love. Laugh and have fun and the Love will reflect right back at you like a mirror. If you struggle or you are noticing your dream is not there yet, that will reflect back at you as well. 


Life is what you think it is ~ Universal principle





Dreams Do Come True


It took a few years of searching to find our dream farm. We had fun looking for property on our vacations. We adventured into Oregon near the Rogue River and dreamed our dream, then we traveled to Arizona, and New Mexico. We hadn't yet seen anything like our vision board yet, however, it was so much fun to explore. One day in June 2006 our farm was revealed to us. It was in Southern Utah high on the western edge of the Colorado Plateau. 

The little acre of land, the house, old coop and pasture was so like our vision board when our eyes met we instantly agreed silently with big smiles as the real estate agent showed us the place. 

Diamond In The Rough

Our farm was a diamond in the rough and the wheels merrily turned in our minds how we were going to fix it up. The money magically came in to pay for it and a transfer came through for my husbands work and we moved into our dream home in 2008. 
Paul and Deborah Moen standing in their alfalfa field on Little Utah Farm
July 2012


1 comment:

  1. Yes, dreams can come true. I keep a "possibility journal" for myself. Many things have happened.

    ReplyDelete